R05 Product Release
CloudSat is announcing the release of the first batch of R05 data products to the General Science Community. Products included in this release are:
- 1B-CPR: L1B Received echo power
- MODIS-AUX: MODIS radiances and cloud mask matched to the CPR footprint
- ECMWF-AUX: ECMWF state variables
- 2B-GEOPROF: L2B radar reflectivity and cloud mask
- 2B-GEOPROF-LIDAR: L2B CPR + CALIOP cloud mask (including post-battery anomaly orbits)
- 2B-TB94: L2B 94 GHz Brightness Temperature (new for R05)
- 2C-PRECIP-COLUMN: L2C precipitation incidence flag
Note that in addition to product-specific improvements that will be detailed in forthcoming documentation there are two changes users need to be aware of. Profiles that were previously not included in R04 data files because of spacecraft/instrument issues are included in R05. If the Data_quality field is not zero for a profile users will either want to skip the profile or examine the other data status flags to determine if it should be used. Also, R05 filenames now include “_F00” for possible fixes within a released product version.
Data files are available via FTP from ftp://ftp.cloudsat.cira.colostate.edu under <product>.<version> directories (e.g., 2B-GEOPROF.P_R05) and <year>/<day of year> subdirectories. Users are asked to set up an account if they don’t have one already on the DPC website at http://www.cloudsat.cira.colostate.edu. DPC website credentials are used to log into the FTP server.